Q&A on Dokdo
- How is the Republic of Korea exercising its sovereignty over Dokdo?
The Republic of Korea holds legislative, administrative and judicial jurisdiction over Dokdo.
- First, a Korean police force is stationed on Dokdo, patrolling the island.
- Second, the Korean military defends the waters and skies of Dokdo.
- Third, various laws and regulations including those specific to Dokdo have been enacted and implemented.
- Fourth, a lighthouse and other government facilities have been established and are in operation on Dokdo.
- Fifth, Korean civilians are residing on Dokdo.